Belize is a country on the eastern coast of Central America. It is the only country in Central America whose official language is English, though Belizean Creole (Kriol) and Spanish are also commonly spoken. Belize is bordered on the north by Mexico, to the south and west by Guatemala, and to the east by the Caribbean Sea. Its mainland is about 290 km (180 mi) long and 110 km (68 mi) wide. With 22,800 square kilometers (8,800 sq mi) of land and as of 2014 a population of 340,844, Belize has the lowest population density in Central America. Belize’s abundance of terrestrial and marine species and its diversity of ecosystems give it a key place in the globally significant.
Belize has a diverse society, with many cultures and languages. Originally part of the British Empire, it shares a common colonial history with other Anglophone Caribbean countries. From 1862 to 1973, its name was British Honduras. It became an independent Commonwealth realm in 1981, retaining Queen Elizabeth II as head of state.
Belize is a country of diverse natural beauty and secluded beaches in addition its steamy rain forests. Its slow pace of life makes it a popular tourist destination, and cost of living is still low. Traveler, activities can include a trek into the jungle in search of Maya ruins, spotting parrots, toucans, and maybe even a jaguar along the way. Belize has a top-flight offshore banking structure, beautiful landscapes, and an English-speaking population. Other benefits include tax relief for up to 20 years and the ability to declare permanent residency even if you only spend two weeks of the year in the country.
Government of Belize’s Investment Incentives
- 100% foreign ownership of land and company assets
- Encouragement of joint ventures with local entities
- Special incentives for retirees.
- Exemption from import and export duties as taxes on capital gains, property, sales and consumption, trade turnover, foreign exchange, and transfers
- An income tax holiday of 20 years with an option to extend and deduct losses from profits following the period of the tax holiday
- Dividend tax exemption in perpetuity
- The opportunity to open foreign currency bank accounts in Belize and abroad
- Exemption from the Supplies Control Act and its regulations
Products & Services we offer in Belize
||Land Planning Services
||Renewable Energy Solution
||Zoning Districts Mapping
||Office Building Construction
||Water Management Design
||Solar Farm Construction
||Water Plant Design